A website does not get organic rankings automatically. There is considerable effort associated with getting a higher DA and maintaining it. Moreover, all the efforts are futile in absence of high-quality website content.
Ultimately the search engine crawlers pay considerable attention to quality content. Nevertheless, no matter how much cliched it sounds, but the content is still the king!
The Role of Regular Updation
Content is not by itself the solution. The content has to be good in quality too. However, the most prominent feature of a good quality content is its freshness.
Moreover, here are the reasons why you should regularly update the content on your website.
- Outdated content can only harm your business by bringing the wrong leads which cannot be converted.
- A search engine indexes new pages and modifications on your existing pages regularly. Such new content adds to search engine optimization of your website.
- Populating your website with trending keywords aid to your pages getting searched by prospective customers when they are trying to find a product or service.
- Any outdated product descriptions can confuse the visitors and get a bad name for your business. While the new product features can help your business reach out to the customers online.
- Adding fresh images and videos increase the user engagement on your website and make it look more appealing. It also aids in a multi-dimensional search like video or images search of your website.
While you are doing so much to match your business with the pace of online growth, do not forget to focus on the basic but most significant area, i.e. the website content!
Simple Ways to Keep Your Website Updated Regularly
So, let us also have a look at some simple ways in which your website content can be kept up-to-date.
Maintain a Blog
A blog is one of the best ways to keep updating new content on your website. Since blogs can cover dynamic and varied content, it is a good idea to make a content calendar and regularly write fresh content for your blog.
Blog posts can be made for introducing your prospective customers to new products and services.
New articles can also be written on updated versions or new features of existing products and services.
Last but not least, content reuse is the best way to update your blog, and something that you must start doing now.
Check the Internal and External Links
All the hyperlinks and anchors must be checked on a regular basis. This is to ensure that there are no broken links or those leading to outdated pages. Broken links are very bad for your website’s SEO.
It is important for your website to get rid of all the duplicate content. For example, while you can anchor the contact us page on different sections, there should only be one such page on the website.
Remove Outdated Pages
Pages which are no more relevant to your business should be strictly removed. A website may not have many pages but it should have only those pages which can interest and benefit prospective customers and help them find all the relevant information.
Content marketing is mandatory, if you want your business to grow. Start with the first step, i.e., updating your website. I have shared some quick tips on creating effective website content.
If you are too busy, and can’t do it all by yourself, why not hire a freelancer for your content creation?